I am so thankful that I have had to many friends come to this beautiful country and let me show them around. This past week Rachel and I had quite the adventure! She arrived Friday afternoon and promptly left to Galway for the weekend. But of course we had to stop in Dublin city centre for her first pint before we left!

When we arrived, we went to a few pubs in Galway with my program after dinner and listened to some grand music. The next morning we took a ferry over to the Aran Islands. The last time I tried to go with the Spring breakers the waves were too choppy, but not last Saturday! It was an absolutely beautiful day. We rented some bicycles once we got to Inishmore (Big Island) and explored the island.  The landscape of the island was hilly but not very exaggerated which made for great biking. There are small stone walls dividing the land up throughout majority of the island as well that were interesting to see.


We stopped at a tiny cafe for lunch where I got to try crab meat for the first time and it was delightful. I will definitely be having that again. After lunch we went to Dun Aonghasa (Fort Aonghas) for some incredible views. We got to spend a good twenty minutes in the actual fort to soak in the sights on the side of this island. I could have spent even longer there. You could here the power from the ocean bashing against the cliffs with a load crashing pound every so often.





After getting a solid sunburn/tan from our Saturday activities, we went to a few more pubs while we explored Galway. The next day we left back to Dublin. We arrived and walked straight to Croke Park for the Gaelic Football Finals. It was awesome! The first game was Division 2 with Kildare losing to Galway 0-18 (18) to 0-16 (16). After that was Division 1: Ath Cliath (Dublin) v Ciarrai (Kerry). Kerry ended up winning by one point after being ahead a solid majority of the game which ended Dublin’s four year streak of winning the finals [0-20 (20) v 1-16 (19)].



Once the games were completed, the squad checked out a new pub not far from the stadium called the Ivy House where we spent a few hours hanging out. The next day we met a family friend/parents of Rachel in town and checked out the Guinness Factory, Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle, Trinity College, and St. Stephen’s Green. Jameson was amazing. I am tempted to go back for another tour!


The following day after hitting my favorite club, Dicey’s, I sent Rachel on a day trip to Northern Ireland while I caught up on some homework. Later that night I participated in a 3v3 basketball tourney with Alex, Jay, and a new Irish friend Dave. Afterwards we went to the second to last shite night to end the evening.

Wedneday we hung out with a new friend from New York Dani on her birthday by going shopping and then to the Botanical Gardens.

We ate at the NUbar and got ready to go to an excellent performance by Jon Bellion! He was so much fun. We had tickets on the first balcony on the second row. The crowd was absolutely going nuts for the entire concert and we were all loving it. There was so much energy in that room. I took Rachel to J.W. Sweetmans for a drink after to end the night off.


Thursday I had to go to some classes and work on some more homework so Rachel checked out Dublin with the Sliwinski’s again. While John and I were making Rachel some dinner later that day, Rachel found out her plane on Sunday got canceled leaving her to get a flight back home tomorrow. So we hung out at the NUbar for a few drinks for her last evening there.

Friday morning we went out for brunch where I walked her to a bus stop to head to the airport for her flight home. I had a fantastic week with you Rachel! So blessed to have you meet my friends here and explore this country I don’t want to leave. Thank you so much for visiting!